Saturday 31 March 2012

Buy Better Challenge

Art Deco Jug - February vintage purchase
Not quite sure how we got through March and nearly in to April! Ecstatic to report that the Buy Better Challenge is going strong, so much so that I bought a 1920's jug with my monthly vintage budget in February and no I did not get a sniff at a Marni piece from H&M. I clicked on the website at 8.55am on the day of the launch and got told to come back later! After many failed attempts I gave up. I hasten to add that I was not about to break my challenge, my lovely other half offered a birthday gift. Alas it was not too be.
Month three is tougher for a few reasons, the weather is changing which means the spring colours and fabric weights start to impact on wardrobe choice. And on practical terms I do need to replace a few well trodden shoes and I need a new spring jumper for layering on cooler days. Hmm well at least I am actually in need. Never the less sadly in need does not constitute to a buy. I have unpacked my summer wardrobe and investigated what can be reinvented and re-worked into SS12 trends.  I am off, with my March vintage budget intact for some well earned retail therapy.


No comments: