Tuesday 29 October 2013

Paris With A Conscience Part 3

While in Paris last month I discovered a fantastic label called Valentine Gauthier. I spotted the boutique on 58 Rue Charlot in the Marais district 75003. Take a look, I hope you will be inspired.

www.valentinegauthier.com





Sadly I don't read french so I have no idea if the brand is sustainable in it's practises. I would hope that the collection is produced in France which would make it partly sustainable, their carbon footprint when it comes to shipping would be minimal. This is the dilemma of being sustainably conscious, if you love a brand and have no idea about is sustainable credentials should you buy into it? For fashion sake yes, but for your conscience no! Unless as I do you can justify buying into one item that has trend longevity, at least you can say you will wear it for many seasons to come. The tiger print trousers and skirt tick that box as does the slogan sweat. 

No comments: