Tuesday 7 August 2012

Buy Better Challenge

Cos printed trouser www.cosstores.com
If there is one thing I really want to buy this month it's a pair of printed trousers. Well actually two pairs. A smart version that I can dress up or down and a denim pair for the everday kinda use. The printed trouser has by no means had it's day, quite the contrary it's one of those trends that has quietly gained momentum over the last two seasons, it's made a big noise this season and will be a firm favourite judgeing by the resort 2013 catwalks next summer. I for one love a trend with longevity. It's sustainable dressing at it's best, the chance to carry over an item is the ultimate in savvy shopping. Knowing I cannot be that savvy sustainable shopper is like saying I cannot invest in my future. A strange contradiction to what I am trying to achieve this year with my Buy Better Challenge. Since my last post I have been steady and focussed in my pursuit to avoid buying any new clothes bar underwear during 2012. I am proud to report that in month eight I can safely say I am on target.

Current Elliot paisley denim jean.
Acne - resort 2013

Diane Von Furstenberg - Resort 2013

Prabal Garung - Resort 2013

No comments: